Let's dabble in Thermoplastics!! 2 day course.
Students will be knitting in nylon filament then heat setting with forms to create permanent shapes. Make a stunning necklace or bracelet with simple knitting and let the process of thermoplastics do the rest.
Also in this class you will knit another fantastic neck accessory! It can be really simple with the right yarn. Students will be knitting with a cotton and stainless steel fibre to make a cowl that can be different each time you wear it. The cotton and stainless steel combo has a memory and can be reshaped each time you wear it. Using simple shapes and stitches you will create something unique.
There will also be additional ideas for students to explore using other yarns - cotton, polyester, wool and various knitting techniques to make your own creations.
Skill level: Ability to cast on, Knit stitch, Purl stitch (optional), cast off.
There is a fee for the cotton/stainless steel and monofilament fibres, included in the price below.
WHAT TO BRING-
- 1ball of polyester yarn, 8 ply, 50grams, any colour
- 1 ball of pure wool, must be hand wash only, 4, 5, or 8 ply, 50 grams, any colour. This wool must felt.
- I ball cotton 4 ply, 50 grams, any colour.
- 1 sharp sewing needle
- Note book, pencil
- Two pairs of needles, 4.00mm
- 2 double pointed needles, 4.00mm ( these come in a set of 4)
- One pair of 3.25mm needles
- One pair of 6.00mm needles
TUTOR Liz Gemmell
VENUE 12 Argyle place, Millers Point Sydney 2000
DATE 18th - 19th May
TIME 10.00am - 4.30pm
COST $215 Including specialised materials.