Exhibitions, Windows and Special Displays
Our Window display changes all the time with a new and interesting focus on our members' creativity.
Our current window and special display is a celebration light and colour
LIGHT that which illuminates – literally and spiritually
a flame or spark
the degree of saturation of colour COLOUR a hue of varying intensity
giving vitality and interest This display highlights the use of these Elements by six different members of the Society.
They show a variety of ways in which glass, textile, paper and mixed media can be manipulated to create artworks exploring light and colour. Each artists’ work is different, however they all share common qualities –
- the compulsion to explore the effects of light and colour.
- the qualities of graduated colour that changes with the varying light shining on or passing through the artworks.
- the use of colour in its strongest form, overlapped or diluted.
- a translucent quality enhanced by their textures and surfaces.
- can be shaped into a variety of forms, functional and decorative.
- are mediums through which the artist can create imagery and explore a range of subjects in the Australian landscape, flora and fauna.
- can be embellished with other materials and media to enhance the subject.
- a passion for creating
Our Art speaks louder than words
Pigs In Mud 1st -24th Feb 2019. Celebrating the Chinese new Year with Pigs and friends
Photo Pigs by Pauline Ryan.